Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Clear Egg Box


Easter is coming, it will be here before you know it!  I saw this box on the ever amazing Pootles blog and I had to make it.  In her video she uses Cadbury Eggs, I don't like Cadbury Eggs, their gooey center just doesn't appeal to me.  So I wanted to put another chocolate treat in this box....more on that later.  I've never made an entire box with window sheets.  I've put a window in a box and used window sheets, but never a whole box.  Let's just say, window sheets are an adventure to work with.  I was VERY happy when this box was done.  I'm so pleased with the final result!  So it was worth the window sheet drama :)
The chocolate egg is sitting on a nest of flowers from the Spiral Flower Die.  I used 3 different colors of cardstock (Pink Pirouette, Soft Sky and So Saffron).  I tied the box with some white grosgrain and then I was done.  Obviously chocolate is the first choice to put in this box, but you could put any beautiful gift in there.    
So here's the chocolate that I used.  I somehow found myself at the mall and SOMEHOW wondered into See's.  I have very expensive taste in chocolate :)  But I believe that good chocolate is worth paying for.  See's is great chocolate.  I LOVE dark chocolate, but I'm very picky.  But I've never been disappointed at See's (I especially LOVE LOVE LOVE their Dark Chocolate Chip Truffles---walked out with a box of those too that day).  OK enough with my chocolate preferences-probably more than you cared to know about.  I saw this box of 6 eggs and thought, that would be adorable in this clear box and I can get 6 gifts for a *low, affordable* price.  So here they are, you too can go buy them :)  
 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: