Monday, February 3, 2014

Let's Box It Up!

I've always loved making other non card items, boxes, bags, etc.  Then a couple weeks ago, somehow I came across Sam Donald's blog or Pootles!  She's incredible.  I spent who knows how long watching her youtube videos, her creations are amazing and I could listen to her accent for hours :)  She's a Stampin' Up! demonstrator from the UK and is just uber talented.  So I've CASED three of her boxes for this week, plus a couple of my own!  Today's box is the first one I made.  I saw this box, it's so super cute, and holds 3x3 cards.  But that's not the best part.  The best part-the bakers twine is a sort of pulley system and closes the box when you pull it! 
Here's the link to Pootles blog.  So I've been watching lots of her videos and even had to create a new board on Pintrest for all the boxes I want to create!  So many boxes not enough time!  But like I said this box holds 3x3 cards, which just makes the perfect gift! I have 4 cards with envelopes in this box, but I can probably put a couple more in.  I used the new Fresh Prints DSP from the Occasions Catalog.  I LOVE this DSP so much, my stack is almost gone of this DSP.  I never finish a pack of DSP (I have so much of it!), so for me to get down to so few sheets is HUGE!  But I love all the patterns and the colors!!
I also pulled out my Geometrical stamp set for the cards, the triangles went so perfectly with the DSP on the box!  There's 2 each of the 'love you so' and 'hooray for today' cards in the box.  With the button on the cards 4 cards and envelopes fit well, I could probably do one or two more.  Without the buttons I think you could fit many cards in this box.  Go check out Pootles blog and watch some of her videos, you'll soon be in awe just as I am!  Make sure to check back all week long for more boxes!!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: