Thursday, February 6, 2014

Cheers!


This has to be my favorite box of the whole week.  This box is a CASE from Pootles.  I told you I'd be CASEing her stuff!  I saw this box, wasn't quite sure what I'd do with it.  But I knew I HAD to make it!!  It looks like a milk carton, but what it holds is certainly not milk!  Keep reading to find out :)  The box is Pool Party, held closed with some Pool Party Seam Binding Ribbon. 
I used the Sale A Bration Sweet Sorbet DSP around the box for a fun belly band and I pulled out my Starburst Sayings stamps and framelits for the greeting.  This box sat on my desk for about a week, until I knew what I was going to do with it.  But I'll be giving this box to my friend who just finished treatment for thyroid cancer.  She's free and clear now and deserves a little celebrating.
Of course if you're going to celebrate you need some champagne!  Yes there's a little bottle of champagne in this box!  My lovely mom, stopped one day after work for me (I thought it would be slightly inappropriate for me to take 2 kids to a liquor store) and picked up this little bottle of champagne, they actually come in a 4 pack-so cute!!!  It's probably enough for 2 glasses of champagne.  I haven't cracked one open to find out.  Isn't it adorable though!!!  EEEK!!! 
For the big label on the front, I embossed in black embossing powder and layered it on a larger Pool Party circle cut with the circle framelits.  Of course it's on there with dimensionals.  Did you think I wouldn't use them during box week?????
The box is made with Pool Party Coordinations Cardstock.  It's nice and thick and I love the texture of it.  The seam binding ribbon adds just the right amount of frilliness to the project.  I know you want to make your own champagne box now don't you??  Well head over to Pootles website and make one!!!  Her video is fantastic, she's great with the step by step instructions.  I'm sad to say tomorrow is the last day of 'Box It Up Week', but if you thought today was good check back tomorrow!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Super duper cute! I love it! ... your stalker