Tuesday, January 21, 2014

LOVE


I have another home decor project for you today.  Just as soon as I hung up the wreath up from yesterday, I picked up this fun chipboard 'love' sign.  I loved it instantly because it was big, perfect for a door, or really hanging anywhere in your home.  Perfect for Valentine's day, which if you're keeping track is less than a month away :)  I don't do a whole lot of decorating for each holiday or season, but I do like to change the wreaths on my door.  So even though this isn't your 'traditional' wreath, it still works perfect for the door.  I attached some (retired) Melon Mambo ribbon on the back and tied a knot and hung it on the door. 
Each letter is different, I knew I wanted to add the roses somewhere, I actually started with the E and worked from right to left instead of left to right, strange I know.  But by the time I got to the L, there were still no roses so I made the L very simple, I just covered it in Pink Pirouette and sponged it in Melon Mambo.  The roses are made with our new Spiral Flower Die in the Occasions Catalog.  They're so easy to put together.  I attached them with some hot glue and the L was done! 
The O was my most challenging letter.  I wrapped the whole thing in white taffeta ribbon.  I LOVE the final look of it, it's my favorite of the whole thing, but it was a little tedious and kept coming loose.  So on the back there's lots of glue dots holding it all together.  The V was the easiest letter.  I used silver glimmer paper, just cut it out and glued it on.  It's already covered in glitter, it doesn't need anything else :)
I said earlier the E was the first letter I did, along with the roses I knew a scalloped letter would be in there somewhere.  I used some textured Melon Mambo and cut it into 1 inch strips.  I used my scallop border punch, then glued it all down.  So temporarily I've taken down my burlap wreath, it will go up again as soon as Valentine's day is done.  Until then, this sweet decor is amusing the UPS man :)
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

1 comment:

Mary said...

very cool! I "love" it!