Monday, January 20, 2014

Burlap and Blooms

This wreath was SO. FUN. TO. MAKE.  I literally sat down one night with the kit and glue gun in hand, while watching tv and assembled all the flowers and wreath.  All in all I think it took me about an hour to do.  The flowers were fun, simple and they're so pretty!!  I watched this video from Stampin' Up! about how to assemble your wreath.  I recommend a glue gun.  They do suggest some other adhesives in the video but I think a glue gun worked best.
I wasn't sure if I'd like the burlap for the wreath base,  (I'm not a huge fan of burlap) but I love it!!!  Another tip: Start and end your burlap under all your flowers.  That way if you run a little short or if it's just not as pretty as the rest of the wrapped wreath you'll never know it will be under all the flowers!!!!   
I used all the supplies in the kit, the only thing I added was some extra linen thread.  I doubled up on all my bows on my buttons and didn't have enough linen thread to cover all my buttons.  But other than that, all the supplies are included (except glue).  It was fun and easy and real bargain for only $18!!! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: