Monday, December 23, 2013

Carving Up Tags

I've been a bad blogger lately.  I missed Friday's post and almost today.  Jury duty not only sucked the Christmas spirit out of me but also the creativity out of me.  Then there was the shopping, the wrapping, the baking, the hour lost standing in line at the post office and oh yeah and those 2 kids I have running around here somewhere :)  There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day.  But here we are, mere hours from Christmas and my kids know it!  But since we are at the doors of Christmas of course there will be baking, of course there will be baked goodies packaged and handed out for gifts, so of course you need custom tags!  This mixer stamp was carved using Stampin' Up! carving stamp set Undefined.  I'm not an expert carver.  This is my 3rd stamp that I've carved....I think....I got the idea, inspiration and tips from Allison at Nice People Stamp.  She really is an expert carver.  I can't believe the amazing stamps she's done.  If you have time head to her website and check it out.  
 
Really the whole tag was cased, I told you I'm lacking creativity!  The boxes I bought (at the dollar store) for my gifts were Pool Party and Real Red, one of my favorite color combos!!  (Really that's why I bought them!)  So my tags were easy, Pool party and Real Red.  I did add some Gold Bakers Twine---coming up in the new Occasions Catalog in January--to add a little sparkle to it. 
Here's my stamp.  I think it came out pretty well.  Even my husband knew it was a mixer so I guess that means it's a win!!!  I still have a ton of baking to do today and tomorrow.  Not to mention the gifts that still need wrapped :)  So I won't be making any promises for the rest of the year for posts :)  But check back, I may surprise you---and myself!  If I don't get to posting in the next 48 hours, I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas!! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: