Thursday, November 28, 2013

Welcome To Thanksgiving


Turkey Day has arrived!!  There are yummy smells coming from kitchens all over the country today!  Today I'm sharing what my table setting will look like.  We'll have a total of 10 people here at our home for Thanksgiving, so I enlisted Logan and Megan's help with the decorations.  It's a pretty laid back setting, we're not doing super fancy this year.  There is only one fork, one spoon and one knife.  There are paper napkins-Thanksgiving themed at least.  But our table settings are very simple, it's easier on the kids and me that way.  Maybe as the kids get older and the manners mature a bit we'll be able to get fancier as the years go on, but now we're perfectly happy going simple!  But hey, I pulled out my good china and silver-that's something :)
For the name cards, Logan and I made turkey legs.  These were super duper easy!!!  We covered a popsicle stick on one side with white cardstock, then punched a little heart to use as the edge of the bone.  Then we crumpled up a piece of newspaper and I ripped apart a brown paper lunch sack and that makes the 'meat' on the bone.  We used a rubber band to hold it all in place and wrapped ribbon around the rubber band and tied a tag onto the ribbon.  They're really cute!!! 
Finally for the silverware.  I used the envelope punch board and made envelopes with the Sweater Weather DSP from the Holiday Catalog.  I used a 6x6 piece of DSP then use the measurements for the 3x4 envelope (I think).  Then we attached turkeys the kids made to the front of the envelope.  The turkey's are not Stampin' Up!  They're just a foam kit that was easy for the kids-especially Megan, we got at a hobby store.  The utensils fit perfectly in it, the napkin gets tucked in there too.  Thanks for stopping by today, I'm so thankful today and everyday that I get to do what I love, Stampin' Up! has been a huge gift in my life, it's my creative retreat, it's brought so many great people into my life-friends I would have never met otherwise!  I'm thankful I get to share my creations here with you no matter how small, elaborate or detailed they are.  Finally I'm thankful for you, for stopping by today and everyday!  I hope that through the year I provide at least a little inspiration for you!  Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!! 

No comments: