Monday, November 11, 2013

Keys and Stuff

We're constantly on the search for my keys.  I hang them by the door on our coat rack, but they end up getting buried under backpacks, purses, jackets and whatever else we've got up there.  So I wanted to dedicate something entirely for keys at least mine!  I've had this round board for so very long.  At one point I painted it white, I guess I had plans for it.  Whatever it was it never happened so there it sat in the bottom of my closet, until last week when I finally decided I needed a place for my keys! 
I used some DSP for Soho Subway and glued it to the board.  The white paint was a little too much with the DSP so I sponged around it in Early Espresso and made it look nice and grungy.  I cut out the work 'keys' with my letter dies but I had this '&' that I had to work with....So I pulled out my Expressions framelits and spelled the word 'stuff''.  All but the 's' are somewhere in the 3 words, however I needed an s..... so I looked at them, looked at them some more and then I saw it!  The 's' is part of the 'm' in merry just turned sideways.  WHAT!??!   I was pretty happy with that little light bulb moment!!! 
So here is is.  My keys and the dog leash that also gets buried.  Perfect!!!!  I know you're probably wondering about my scrapbook weekend....or maybe not...but I'll share anyway.  I'll have tons of updates tomorrow, you won't be disappointed!!! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it!! And OMG you are crazy creative with that "S" ~ Your Stalker