Wednesday, September 4, 2013

This Card

I don't often sit down and take an hour to create one card.  This card I did.  This card, between mistakes, things I didn't like, things I did like, folds, colors, stamps, accessories and more took about an hour to complete.  It was kind of like a card in progress.  I wasn't able to work on it for an hour consecutively it was more like 15 minutes here, 10 minutes there.  But I'm so pleased with it.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors!!!  I used Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry and Melon Mambo.  No one is more surprised than me that I love this color combo.  I don't believe that I ever ever ever used Crushed Curry when it was an in color and when I heard it was coming back, I was less than happy, but now we're friends....good friends!
I used the circle flip card for this card, but made the card the entire 8 1/2 length.  Instead of folding the flap under the die cut circle I folded the flap over the front of the card.  This gave me 3 creating spaces, instead of two.  Bonus!!!!  I don't know what it is with the flip cards but for some reason it just screams 'USE THE GLITTER PAPER!!!!'  Maybe it's because when you move the glitter paper it sparkles and shimmers and you can't help but to move these cards so go ahead use that glitter paper!!!!
When you open the flap, you're met with what you know to be the flip card. There's my second crafting space!  Yep I added some more glimmer paper on the inside.  I had to decorate that flap, it's there why not?!  Yes I pulled out my Gorgeous Grunge set again.  You MUST get this set!!!  I used the chevron framlit that came with the circle card framelit to add some extra detail!
As if the glimmer paper wasn't enough sparkle I added a rhinestone :)  You can never have too much sparkle and shine!!!!  This one is pretty simple just a greeting and a little flower.  Do you love this card yet?!!
Finally we made it to the inside of the card.  Don't look now but there's more glitter paper!!!  There's plenty of writing space on this card.  This card is so much fun to open and close and open and close and well you get the point :)
 Finally it's my birthday on Thursday so I'm holding a mystery hostess workshop.  Shop online at my website and use this code 4SXYVKN2 at checkout and be entered into winning the hostess benefits!  Yay!!!!  You only have until Friday September 13th to place your order!!!  One winner will be chosen and win the hostess benefits!!!  Plus I'll make the deal even better.  Orders of $50 or more will get a package of rhinestones!  Orders of $75 or more will get a package of rhinestones and pearls!!!  Hurry shop today, and don't forget your envelope punch board!!! 
 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: