Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Wrapping Up The Class

Time for the last two cards from my Makin' Cards For Men class on Saturday.  The first up today is super duper simple!!  The DSP really does all the work here.  There is even minimal stamping!  I used the 2013-2015 Incolor DSP stack, we used the chevron pattern.  They were just cut into different widths and layered on.  The tag was made with the Gorgeous Grunge set and the Yippee Skippee Set.  Both sets are keepers!!  We finished the tag with a thought bubble clip and some of the new burlap ribbon from the Holiday Catalog. 
The last card is probably my favorite from the whole class!!!!  I love the Daffodil Delight and Smoky Slate with that pop of Real Red!  We used the Tag It set.  Which is also the Ronald McDonald House set for this year.  When you buy this set Stampin' Up! donates $3 to the Ronald McDonald House.  SU has donated over one million dollars to the RMHC, your purchase is going toward a great cause.  But back to the card, we used markers to color the shovels, the little heart is from the owl punch.  It had just the size heart we needed!  We stamped the 'I did you' greeting then used the 1 inch circle punch to punch it out.  The greeting and shovel come as one image but I cut the greeting off of my image and mounted them separately on my wood block.  I thought both were cute enough to stand on their own, plus it opens up so many more creative options having them separated.  Don't be afraid to cut your stamps apart, make them work for you!   
 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!!

No comments: