Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Coffee & Friends

I'll be the first to admit, I'm not a coffee drinker, but I love this set!!!  I love the little Starbucks cup (come on you know that's what it is!).  When I visit Starbucks I usually get tea.  I might have to use my Undefined Kit and carve myself a tea stamp to go with this set :)  But back to the card.  Last night was our demo meeting and this was my 3 minute demo.  Just looking at this card it doesn't look like there's a world changing technique on there, but there is.  The fun thing that I demoed was the special way this card opens.  Intrigued??  Keep reading!
While surfing Pintrest one day I found a card that the artist refereed to as a tucked label card.  (I'd link, but it's pinned on one of my secret boards :) but I searched and here it is.)  But I loved the way the label on the front held the card closed and was there when you opened the card.  It's a brilliant idea and great way to decorate the inside of your card, without actually decorating the inside of your card :)  So the trick is lining up the plates with your big shot. With this label I used my magnetic platform :) since it will hold the framelit exactly in place, and instead of covering the entire framelit with the plate you only cover where you want it to cut.  So on this card, I placed the framelit on the card, and placed the plates on the cardstock leaving about 1/2 - 3/4 inch on the right side uncovered.  So the label only cut where the plates covered it. 
 
Then you open the card and the label stays with the base of the card.  Isn't that fun!!!  LOVE LOVE LOVE this technique!!!  Isn't it cute!!!  Because I used white cardstock and it's not as thick and durable as our colored cardstock I placed the entire card-making sure not to adhere the label-on a piece of Cherry Cobbler.  It makes the card much more stable.
So here's the inside.  Once you get the hang of this card you could make a bazillion of them in no time!!!!!  They're easy, fun and the recipient of your card will love it and you!   
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: