Monday, July 22, 2013

We Played Too!

Last week was SU's convention.  I wasn't able to attend this year after seeing all the fun updates I'm pretty bummed I missed it!  But it wasn't a total loss.  I invited some of the other demonstrators in our group who couldn't go to convention over for a fun night of stamping.  I created some fun projects for them and we had a wonderful evening of stamping, laughing, eating, laughing, talking, laughing, did I mention laughing?  One of the projects we made was this fun card box.  I saw one similar to this on Pintrest, however the directions were terribly confusing so I made my own version, MUCH easier! 
To keep the box closed I added a belly band, it's simple but you could always jazz it up :)  Everyone who came received a gift package, in it was a package of buttons, the gingham washi tape, bakers twine and pearls.  So if everyone wanted to they could have dressed them up.  It's hard to see in the picture but the Island Indigo cardstock is textured.
Once you remove the belly band, the front opens up and there's a box perfect for cards!  This would make the sweetest gift at a bridal or baby shower gift filled with Thank You cards.  Or what about a teacher gift?  Co worker gift?  So many options!
I bet you want to make one too right?  There's really easy, you'll be surprised how easy :)  The box and the front and back are two pieces.  First you'll make the box then the front and back.  The box is a piece of cardstock that's 11x6 1/4.  On the long side score at 5 and 6.  On the short side score at 1 and 5 1/4.  See the diagram below for further directions.  For the front and back you'll need 2 pieces 8 1/2 x 5 1/2.  You'll fold on the score lines and glue them together so that it makes a big U. 
To make the box, once you've scored the lines above, cut along the red lines on the left and right.  The small square tabs will fold up and the side adhere to each other creating your box.  Tomorrow I'll show you the cards that went in the box and Wednesday I share our final project. 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: