Monday, June 3, 2013

My Paper Pumpkin Album

Have you signed up for Paper Pumpkin yet?  You can sign up here to get it.  Every month you're sent a box filled with the supplies to make some pretty awesome projects.  The last 3 months have been cards, so I was delighted to see a little mini album in the May kit!  I knew just what to do with it too!!!!  We're planning a fun Disney World vacation and since it's where Dan and I met I thought I'd fill the album with pictures of us on our trip to Disney then give it to him.  Cute right!?! 
Now since he's a guy, and really doesn't want it jazzed up with flowers and ribbon I kept the album very simple and really used only the supplies that came in the kit.  It's perfect!  The little photo frames are adorable and the perfect size!!!! 
You might be wondering how I plan to get the pictures in there, since clearly I've attached it all already.  Well I'm glad you asked :)  I attached the frames using dimensionals only on the bottom of each frame.  Then I'll just cut the pictures to size and slide them in with adhesive on the back and ta-da!  Easy peasy! 
The Paper Pumpkin emellishements are like heavy duty stickers, they're the weight of cardstock, but sticky on the back.  They're amazing.  But I didn't want the frames to retain their stickiness so I used my embossing buddy and lightly tapped the back of each frame with it, this takes away the stickiness on them, then you can just use them like any other piece of cardstock. 
There's lots of places to journal and I may add in a few other pictures not in frames.  Though the kit in May was filled with tons of embellishements.  I could make another album or two with what's left.  But I think I'll save them for some card making!!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: