Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Guest Blogger

I asked my good friend and fellow demonstrator Kim Madrid post today. 
I hope you love her pages as much as I do.  Enjoy!!! 
 
WOW!  That’s all I can say about being asked to guest-blog for my friend, Ruth Norton.  My first reaction, quite honestly, was fear!  You see, I’m Ruth’s number one fan … she prefers to use the word “stalker” but hey, do we really need to label my obsession?  I think not!  Anyway, my first reaction was fear because, to me, Ruth’s shoes are REALLY BIG shoes to fill!  What on Earth can I possibly create that will be “Ruth’s Stampin’ Corner worthy”? 
So I debated and stressed and debated and stressed some more and finally decided I would go in a direction that was originally inspired by Ruth anyway … Scrapbooking!  (And, more importantly, scrapbooking with My Digital Studio)  All of you already know that Ruth is insanely talented when it comes to MDS and scrapbooking.  Over the couple years I’ve known her, I’ve learned A LOT from her.  I am in no way an expert like she is, but I thought it might be fun to try doing some scrapbooking for my guest-blog spot.
So then I thought … what pictures shall I use.  I could use pictures of my family, but most of you are Ruth’s “viewers” and don’t know my family so probably don’t care.  So then I decided to heist some pictures off of Ruth’s Facebook page.  (I know … just another reason it’s not safe to post pictures on Facebook … I might heist them.)  But I wanted to find a couple pictures that I thought were really fun pictures AND that I hadn’t seen Ruth scrapbook yet.  So I found one picture of Meagan and one of Logan.
 
I tried to stick with just one MDS digital kit “Be Yourself”.  I thought Meagan’s pictures was perfect for the “Express Yourself” stamp from the “Be Yourself” kit.  She is making such a cute face in this picture.  On Facebook Ruth noted that they had just had some free samples from See’s Candies (you can see the chocolate on Meagan’s face) and that’s why I added the journaling about See’s Candies.  For Logan’s page, I loved this picture of him making a funny face.  The picture I heisted from Facebook actually had BOTH Meagan and Logan in the picture but since I already had one of Meagan I just cropped her out (oh, the humanity!)  Anyway … I loved the face that Logan is making in this picture!  You can tell he’s quite the little comedian.  I liked the “just be you” stamp from the “Be Yourself” kit for Logan’s picture because, obviously, he’s comfortable doing just that!
Well … I hope you have enjoyed this post.  Don’t worry, Ruth will be back soon and you can go back to your “regular scheduled programming”! 
 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: