Thursday, March 28, 2013

A Basket Of Ducks and Bunnies

Literally!  A basket of ducks and bunnies!  Just in time for Easter!  It occurred to me on Tuesday that I should have some treats to give out this year.  You know to family, friends, teachers, etc.  So I gathered 2 helpers.  Megan and Logan and I got to work.  Well Megan and I did the ducks while Logan was in school and Logan and I did the bunnies while Megan napped.  But it was all done in one day and really didn't take very long.  Probably all together about an hour.  The bunnies actually went much fast, Logan is a better helper than Megan, well maybe not better but doesn't get distracted as easily. 
 
These little triangle boxes are fun, quick and easy.  If you've never made one they're really easy and I'll refer you to Julie's blog for full directions, plus you'll see where I got my inspiration :)  My boxes are little different, I started with a 5 1/2 x 4 piece of cardstock.  So mine are little bigger, but you can make them as big or as small as you want, once you get the triangle box down, you'll never stop!  I've made them into Santa's for Christmas....reindeer would also be cute....note to self 'must remember this come Christmas time....'  The bunnies have a scallop circle tail on the back too :)  The boxes are filled with little Easter chocolates.  YUM!
 
Here's my happy little helpers:  "Look Mama I found a bag of candy on your desk!"  By the way you might notice in the pictures that Megan has no pants on.  It's a long story as to why there are no pants, but to make it quick, she didn't want to wear pants and after 20 minutes of tears and screaming I agreed that the pants were optional :)
Yep that would be her sneaking a handful of candy, not just a piece or two but a handful!  She doesn't think I'm looking, much less taking a picture.  See why she kept getting distracted.  But who can blame her, it's a bag of chocolate!
Some did manage to get into the boxes.  You'll notice in her other hand though she's keeping a tight grip on a few pieces :)
Some even made it into her mouth.  She has about 3 Hershey Kisses in her mouth when I took this picture :)  And her fingers are covered in melted chocolate from cramming them into her mouth. 
Ahhhh, now here's a helper at work.  Sticking ears together!  What a trooper he is, and isn't even distracted by what's left of the candy......don't worry he got his fill of candy too once that bunnies were all stuffed :)  So that's how I spent Tuesday, and now we have a basket full of treats!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: