Friday, February 8, 2013

Valentine Blog Hop!

It's time for our blog hop!!!!  I love these little hops, I get some really great ideas!  If you're following the hop, you just arrived from Michelle's blog.  She always has amazing ideas!  Our theme for this month's hop is Valentine's Day.  It's just a few days away, are you ready!?!!  This card is amazing and there's so much dimension on this card!!!  I LOVE IT!!!!  I used the flowers in the Pop Up Posies Kit in the Spring catalog.  I saw the idea to turn the flowers into hearts here on Kimberly Van Diepen's blog.  I loved this idea and as soon as I saw it I was making a heart in minutes!  Kimberly has a great tutorial on her blog, so if you want to make this heart too head over to her blog and check it out.  I spayed my flowers the brown Smooch Spritz.  Then when the heart was done I sprayed the whole thing with some shimmer mist spray.  It's a little hard to see in the picture, but it's super shimmery! 
 
The card is pretty basic, I used the Chevron Embossing folder to add some texture to the background, what did we ever do before the big shot and embossing folders??????  The ribbon is the Calypso Coral Ruffled Ribbon and I hung some 'Happy Valentine's Day tags on the ribbon too.  Don't you just love this heart.  What a sweet Valentine for someone you love!  But the fun doesn't stop here, there's still many more stops on the blog hop, next up is Amber!
In case you get lost along the way here's line up of all the bloggers participating in our hop today! 
Ruth Norton----YOU ARE HERE! 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

1 comment:

bckctrygrl said...

I love those colors you choose! Awesome card.