Monday, February 25, 2013

A Work In Progress

Things are finally getting back to normal.  For the first time in 2 or 3 weeks we did not spend our weekend at car dealerships looking at cars (thank goodness)!  It was nice to be home (for the little while that we were home).  So glad that part is over!  But we're going to jump right into the card today, I didn't have anything to show you on Friday so I wanted to make today's card 'extra' cute!  This card took about 3 days to complete.  The sweet dress and embossing of course didn't take that long, but once I had the base of the card and the dress form done I couldn't come up with where or what greeting to put.  I have a really hard time making a card with no greeting.  It just feels incomplete to me.  So this card and all it's pieces sat on my desk Friday, Saturday and part of Sunday waiting for the inspiration to be completed.  In the end, I added a quick greeting and dressed it up with rhinestones, cute, but now that I'm looking at it I think I should have added some scallops or another layer to it.  But that's for another day I suppose.
The dress is adorable!!!  I made the little skirt with the little cupcake liner looking things from the Pop Up Posies kit.  I honestly had no idea what I was going to do with those cup cake liners.  I was ready to put them in my kitchen and use them :)  Then I saw Kimberly Van Diepen do this with them and I knew I had to do the same.  When I first saw the dress form stamp and dies in the catalog I knew they weren't for me, but after all the samples I've seen and all the beautiful girly cards made with it I HAD to have it!  Of course if you can get it for free then it's even better ;)  This was my first time playing with it and it was so much fun to play dress up.  If you think you don't need these framelits you're wrong you DO need them!!!  I didn't get the coordinating set but guess what will be on my next order :)  That's it for me I think I've gone on long enough :) 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!


No comments: