Thursday, September 13, 2012

Is It Too Early??

For Halloween decorations to go up?  I made this, I saw an idea similar to it on Pintrest.  I really really want to hang this on our door now, but I'm wondering if it's just a little too early for Halloween decorations, what do you think.  Too early or put it up!  Mine I think is slightly bigger, probably not by much though.  On Pintrest she used cork coasters.  I just used the cardboard that comes with our DSP, cut down to about 6x6, just a hair smaller than that.  I love it though!!!!  I also used a long piece of cardboard to mount all the squares too.  I covered that in the Vanilla Cotton Ribbon in the Holiday Catalog, looks very mummy-ish.
The spider is cute huh!  I know he's 2 legs short but all 8 just looked like too much :)  I used pipe cleaners for his legs.  Cute huh?!!!  His eyes are circle punches and his mouth is hand drawn and cut out.  The Frankenstein came out really cute too!!  I debated alot on the right green.  In the end I went with Gumball Green, seems to fit.  His hair is hand cut, just randomly there's really no rhyme or reason to it.  His squiggly mouth is hand drawn as well. 
The ghost is so cute huh!!!  I love him!!!!  The eyes are oval punches.  This punch may be retired.  I didn't get rid of my oval punches and to be honest with you I'm not sure why they were retired in the first place I know I miss them :(  But back to the ghost, his mouth is hand drawn and cut out as well.  The pumpkin was pretty easy too.  His eyes and nose are from the pennant punch and again a hand drawn and cut out mouth finishes him off. 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: