Friday, August 17, 2012

Beautiful Flowers

Isn't this card so pretty!  It looks like I must have spent hours coloring all those flowers!  They almost look painted.  They're really super duper easy!  But isn't that what we want when we craft, HUGE results for minimal work?!  I know that's a huge plus for me!  Before we get to the flowers, isn't the rest of the card beautiful too???! I love the fancy fan folder, that's my second one by the way.  Never did find the one that was lost about a month ago :(  Well if I ever do I'll have 2!  I love the seam binding that matches so perfectly with the Pool Party cardstock!  SU has the BEST coordinating products!

So the flowers.  They're really simple and they were done in just a couple minutes.  I'm not sure what this technique is called. To do it you'll need your markers and you want a lighter and a darker color in the same shade.  I used Primrose Petals and Raspberry Ripple for my red flowers and Pool Party and Island Indigo for my blue flowers.  Color your flowers in the lighter color of the maker first, then with the darker color use the journaling side of your marker and trace over the lines of the stamped image.  SU makes it easy and even highlights with the stamp where the shadows are so you know to add some extra highlights there.  This is a great technique to show our markers and how fast and easy it is to make beautiful cards!!!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

1 comment:

Kay Jantz said...

I love this and I love the tip on the coloring of the flowers, sometimes I read instructions and I think, now why didn't I think of that!