Monday, July 2, 2012

Stars And Stripes

This card didn't come out quite as I pictured it in my head but I don't hate it.  It was inspired by Pintrest.  I saw this adorable door hanger on there and thought that would make such a cute card.  The card looks nothing like the door hanger :) I think my problem with this card is the stars, I need bigger stars and I think they need sponged in a different color (perhaps crumb cake).  So maybe I'll recreate this card.  But again, I don't hate it, I like it and think it has lots of potential :)


The polka dots on the back are from the Polka Dots embossing folder.  I used my markers to color each little dot, then ran it through the big shot and it magically 'stamped'.  I like the stripes on the bottom, especially with the chevron folder.  I think the only thing that needs work is the stars.  I forget where I heard this expression, possibly a Stampin' Up! event, but I love the expression "There are no mistakes in stamping, just creative opportunities!"  Remember that next time you think you've messed up on a project :)

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: