Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Quilted Cards

I was fully prepared to put up a nice patriotic post today, since it is after all America's Birthday.  But time ran out and I didn't get a chance to create anything :( So instead today I'm going to show you a trio of cards, all created the same way, all super simple and all awesome!!!  I used the Comfort Cafe DSP on all of them, the first card is the reverse side of the DSP for the other two.  I love the first card the best but the other side works great for masculine cards :)
To create this fun pattern, I cut 3 pieces of DSP about 5x3 3/4 (just slightly larger).  Then I just ran them through my paper cutter and cut from one corner diagonally a few times.  Have another piece of paper cut the same size ready, (doesn't mater what color it is I used vanilla on mine).  Then it's just like a puzzle picking which pieces you want where and sticking them down. 
Once your pieces are all stuck together, trim off any edges that don't line up if needed then run it through the big shot.  I used the square lattice folder on mine.  When it comes out it looks quilted and the texture is just amazing.  Plus adding the texture like that hides all those edges where the DSP lines up and just makes it look seamless and like it's one piece of paper!  Pretty awesome right?!  That's all from me today.  For my USA friends have a great 4th and be safe out there!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

1 comment:

Mary said...

That is really the coolest! thanks for sharing.