Friday, June 8, 2012

Owls+Birthdays=FUN!

Dan's birthday was Wednesday, as a stamper I'm embarrassed to say that his birthday card wasn't done until Wednesday night :(  It's not that I didn't want to make him a card I just simply didn't have the time (or the desk space).   Once I had cleared enough space to stamp I got to work.  I was a little stumped at first, I knew it would be hard to top last years birthday card.  I still think it's one of my favorite punch creations ever!!!  While this one isn't as cute it's still pretty cute!!!
My idea for this card was to have the little owl out on a branch holding a flag.  Once I got that part done it looked to plain and needed a fun background.  I didn't like anything I tried so I just started embossing scraps to see what would look the best behind the owl, lo and behold it looked best all together!  Who would have thought!!!???  I used a brad for the top of his birthday hat.  Isn't he cute!  I just love the gogglie eyes!!!
On the inside I added a few more flags.  This owl is a little obsessed with flags....plus I had to finish the greeting :)  All in all I'm quite satisfied with this card! I got a whole box of new stuff and nothing but cleaning the house on the agenda for today.......but who needs a clean house!!!  I know what I'm doing today!!!!!!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

ADORABLE!! I love it!

Kay Jantz said...

I love this card and you are so right they all look perfect and I really like the flag idea inside!!!!