Tuesday, May 22, 2012

School Bus Box

I had trouble deciding what to show you first today, the box or what goes in the box.  I thought it would be cuter to show you the box today and the sweet little gift inside the box tomorrow.  I made Logan's teacher a little gift and needed a cute fun box to put the gift in.  So I thought and thought and thought and decided that school buses go with schools that go with teachers.  So Sunday afternoon I began the quest to make a school bus box.  I'm so pleased with the results and I just love it!!!!
For the box I made two boxes one for the 'engine' and one for the 'kids'  I had Logan draw on the windows and he did a great job, with lots of kids and even a bus driver.  I wanted the wheels to be pretty sturdy, since the entire box would be resting on them.  So I used the circles #2 die and cut them out of cardboard, then just glued the cardstock on top to look like tires.   
The box opens at the top and you can get a little glimpse of what inside, I'll have more details tomorrow about what's inside the box :)  For the box itself here's the dimensions.  Engine: 7 1/2 x 5 1/4.  On the 7 1/2 inch side score at 1 3/4, 3 1/2, 5 1/2, 7.  On the 5 1/4 inch side score at 1 3/4 and 3 1/2.  For the rest of the bus: 7 x 10 1/2.  On the 7 inch side score at 1 3/4 and 5 1/4.  On the 10 1/2 inch side score at 3 1/4, 8, 8 1/4, and 10.  The box (minus the engine) is approximately 3 1/2 x 1 3/4, so it's a good size to hold fun gifts!  Remember to check back tomorrow to see what goes in the bus! 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

SO cute!! I love it! Can't wait to see the contents tomorrow!

Kim said...

SO cute!! I love it! Can't wait to see the contents tomorrow!