Thursday, April 26, 2012

Yellow Bird

I think I found the cause to my stamping slump.  Not MDS as predicted but the fact that I have no desk space to stamp!  Tonight I will be filled with stamping inspiration.  It's our shoebox swap!  Yay!!!  In the end I am happy with my card.  I copied it from this card at split coast. 
It's so cute!  I love the colors, the yellow is so bright but goes so well with the black!  The bird is colored with the markers.  I have two layers of ribbon, black satin and Daffodil Delight grosgrain.  The white is embossed with the polka dot embossing folder.  I have almost all the embossing folders (I think there's 2 I don't have), but I use the polka dot one ALL the time!  It's an all occasion folder.  If you only get one-get this one!!!!! 
The flowers are made with the Itty Bitty Punch Pack and I used a black marker to add the dot inside the middle.  The leaves are from the 2 step bird punch.  I think that's it for me today.  Short and sweet, there's lots to do today, we do a potluck for our shoebox swaps and I'm signed up to bring a dessert.  I'm making homemade Double Chocolate Whoopie Pies with Marshmallow Filling.  I can't wait!!!  YUM!!!! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love that card Ruth, it is so pretty!
-Cher