Monday, April 16, 2012

Time To Say Goodbye!

It's that time of year again, time to say goodbye to some of our stamp sets.  The retiring stamp set list is out! You'll notice when you look at the list that it's longer than ever this year. Stampin' Up! is making a few changes to the new catalog.
  • The first you already know, it's being released in June instead of July.
  • Next, the new catalog will be smaller than the current one, not but much--don't worry it's still going to be packed with hundreds of samples and the best papercrafting products on the market!
  • Finally, Stampin' Up! wants to focus on core products in their catalog, meaning that the products you see in the big catalog will be products you can use year round. While the seasonal products will be reserved for the mini catalogs-which will be bigger!
So lets get to the list! The retiring accessory list will be out April 25, this is just the stamps. The stamps will be available through the end of May.  See the list here. 

I'm sad to see some of the sets on there go.  Over the next month or so, I'll be showing some of my favorite sets that are retiring.  In all I have 59 stamp sets that are retiring.  Though if you know how many I have, 59 isn't putting huge dent in my supply, but I won't know that until I clean out my stamp cabinet and see what it looks like without these stamp sets. 


Back to cards and other great SU stuff.  Some of you may have noticed I didn't post on Friday.  Sorry about that, the week got away from me and I just never got around to taking pictures or getting to the computer to post.  So I took a long weekend :)  I also had a class on Saturday.  I was really excited about this class and it was so fun!  I'll show you the rest of the cards tomorrow but today I wanted to show one of my favorite cards from my class.  The class was called All That Glitters, it was so fun to show off SU's line of glitter, shimmer and sparkly products!  Today's card shows the Shimmer Paint.  I love that stuff!!!

For the card we colored the flower with Rich Razzleberry and Garden Green markers then sponged some Frost White Shimmer Paint over the ink, then stamped it.  The shimmer it gives off is hard to capture on camera but in person it's so shimmery and shinny!  So pretty!!!!  Make sure to take some time today and check out the retired list....if you haven't already done that :)

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!



No comments: