Monday, April 23, 2012

Something New

I usually keep a stock of cards on hand.  I have birthday cards, thank you cards, even some Christmas cards.  But the cards I don't keep on hand are sympathy cards.  Never have kept them on hand probably never will.  This week I did need a sympathy card, so I did what any good stamper would do and spent the day making one.  In high school I used to spend my summers babysitting a sweet little girl, well that 'little girl' is now in college and last weekend lost her Grandmother so this card is for her and her Mom.  This set is new and will be in the 2012-2013 catalog, it's called Everything Eleanor, we were given this set free at Leadership in January.  This is the first time I've inked it up.  The set is very elegant and frilly, really not me, but since I got it free (and who am I to complain about free sets).  I plan on using it frequently, who knows maybe it will be a fun challenge!
I do LOVE the frame stamp!  Please, please, please, will there be a die to match.........?  I had to hand cut this one and I'm just saying a punch or die would have been very helpful ;)  The flowers are watercolored with Pretty in Pink and Melon Mambo.  I used a So Saffron Marker for the.....goodness gracious.....I'm not even sure what that's called, I know it's rattling around in my head but for the life of me I can't think of it.  The little pollen things in the center, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about :)  The greeting is from Petite Pairs.  Well that's all for me, I'm still having some posting problems.  You might have noticed that this was posted late last night.  Until I can get my posting problems resolved I think I'm going to post at night.  That way for all you early risers (you know who you are) you'll have a new post to see in the morning!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

YAY!! 5:49 in the morning and I got to see a new post!! AND a new stamp set!! Double treat! I love the card ... it's really beautiful. I agree with you ... crossing my fingers for a matching set of framelits. I love those things!