Monday, April 9, 2012

Razzleberry Flower

On Friday I shared with you one of my favorite cards that I've done in a long time.  I have it hanging in my stamp room and I love it!  Just LOVE it!!!!  So while crafting a little on Saturday (waiting for the Easter dessert to set up) I thought I'd do a different take on the layers.  One of my favorite punches to layer is the lace border punch.  I love the look of it.  So for this card, I punched 3 of them and layered them on top of each other.  Warning, I used some retired ribbon on this card :(  I normally stay away from all retired projects but when they retired the Rich Razzleberry ribbon I was so sad and didn't get rid of it.  I break it out every once and a while on cards that I think it will add something too.  I'm so glad I added it on this card. 

The flower was done with the 1 3/4 inch circle punch.  I punched 4 of them.  To get the same look I did, fold each circle in half, then in half again in the other direction.  You should have an X, then you pinch in the two sides and you end up with the triangle.  I added a Rich Razzleberry button with some linen thread and it's done.  I embossed the greeting in white, I love embossing! 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!!

 


1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh my GOODNESS!!! Love, Love, Love it! I have a deep affection for all things in Rich Razzleberry and so I don't think anything in that color should EVER be retired!! Love the flower!