Monday, March 5, 2012

Introducing....

Me!  No not really, well kind of.  Over the weekend I did something I've wanted to do for a while and finally got a chance.  I got to teach a class at my local library.  It was alot of fun and I got to meet some fun people.  The class was an intro to cardmaking and why it better and cheaper to make your cards instead of buy them. While I love crafting 3-D projects and using SU's fabric, I'm addicted to MDS BUT cardmaking has been and always will be my true passion.  So I love the classes that I do that focus only on cardmaking.  Because this was a beginners class for people who hadn't stamped in a while or maybe never at all the cards were simple and straight forward.  But of course I did pull out some of my favorite tools, like punches and the big shot.  No class is complete without those :)  The first card was super simple, one color and the only accessory is a bow made with our Crumb Cake Seam Binding.  There is an added pop of texture with the embossing done with the big shot and the frames embossing folder but still a simple easy card. 

The next card was stepped up a little, there were a couple of punches but that was probably the hardest part of this card.  The flower is stamped with Riding Hood Red to match the beautiful pleated ribbon.  We used the new blossom punch and matching set.  I'm really starting to love that set, I knew I would though :)  So that's it.  I had a great time, I hope the library invites me back to do more classes like this! 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: