Thursday, February 16, 2012

Soaring!

Somehow I forgot to show you the Valentine's card that I gave to Dan this year.  It's not really a Valentine's card but I loved it and thought it would work well.  I have to admit too, that aside from assembling this card I had NOTHING to do with creating it.  This is actually one of the make and takes from the San Antonio Regionals from last month :)  When we were making it though I love it and thought it would be perfect for Dan for Valentines!  What makes it so fun is that there's 4 different kite designs.  Just turn the arrow on the right side and you get multiple kites flying!  Isn't that CUTE!!!?! 
I just love this card.  I don't own this set, yet.  Logan loves it.  He asks frequently when I'm going to get the kite set for him :)  So cute!  Unfortunately for him, there's lots more stuff on Mommy's wishlist before the kite set.  But back to the card.  The card itself is pretty easy, to make the kites rotate you just need a large circle, either with one of the bigger punches or with a die.  Use a brad to adhere it to the base of your card and adhere your top layer with dimensionals NOT touching the circle.  Then your kites will rotate.  We stamped the kites AFTER we assembled the card.  It make it easier for perfect placement. 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: