Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Sale-a-Brating Anniversaries!

I'm loving this years Sale a Bration sets!!!  It's so funny, every year I see the sets and think "oh they're nice, not sure if they're 'me' though" Then EVERY year I see fantastic samples done with the sets and I fall in love with every, single one of them!  It happens every year!  You'd think I'd learn!  Fresh Vintage is one of my favorites this year but I've had a tendency to use it with the colors in the coordinating DSP.  Which is fine, but I wanted to branch out a little and try something new.  I LOVE this color combo--LOVE IT!!!!!!! It's one of my all time favorites.  Crumb Cake (love that any day!), Pretty in Pink (my favorite pink), and Bravo Burgundy (ummmmm I never use this color).  But don't they look fantastic when combined, so pretty!!!!

I love this card.  I used my markers to color in the stamp and stamped it over and over on the cardstock. Then for a fun look I crumpled up some scraps of cardstock and separated the cardstock for a faux suede look, and I ripped it for a different look too.  Just a tip, Stampin' Up! cardstock is not only the BEST cardstock out there, but it's the only cardstock that you can literally separate like this.  It's such a high quality of cardstok and the color goes through and through which is so important when doing a technique like this!  The bow is tied with Crumb Cake Seam Binding then I crumpled that too.  Finally I got out my color spritzer and spritzed everything!  It's a fun card but most of all I love the colors!!! 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous,Ruth!! I'm going to have to try that combo! I love it!