Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Razzleberry Butterflies!

I'm so glad that I got the Label Framelits.  They're just wonderful!  If you haven't had a chance to use them yet I highly recommend that you do.  I've been having fun playing with them lately and I think I figured out some fun techniques that you can do with them.  Did you know that you can use the framelits to emboss too??  This is not my original idea, and I've seen it done a couple of different ways, so I'm going to share how I did it and you can experiment and see if it works for you too.  It's a little difficult to tell from the picture but if you look at the 2nd picture you can kind of see where it's been embossed, I used the next smallest framelit and embossed a 'frame' around the butterflies. 

To emboss here's what I used with my Big Shot: Platform, 2 cutting pads, Framelit, Silicone Rubber, and a couple of shims.  Build your sandwich is this order: Platform open to tab 1, cutting pad, silicone rubber, cardstock, framelit (CUTTING SIDE UP!), cutting pad, shims if you need them.  This was successful for me, again I've seen it done a couple of different ways so you might need to experiment and find out what works best for you.   
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: