Friday, December 16, 2011

Party Present

Last night was our downline/demonstrator meeting.  This is the best meeting or party of the year.  It's so much fun!!!  I'll have lots of highlights on Monday.  We do a gift exchange and the gifts are great!!!  For this meeting I think about my gift all year, and EVERY year, I change it the week before the meeting.  This year I'm so glad I changed it because I LOVE my gift.  I had to make 2 of them because I knew that I wouldn't be able to part with it if I only had 1 :)  I saw this post from Mandy Grant's blog.  I knew instantly I was going to be making them.  I'm not sure if I did it the same way Mandy did but I love my result!  I think I'm going to make them in multiple sizes like Mandy did.  This one is hanging in my bedroom right now, this one is mine :)  I love that fabric!

This one is the one that I gave away, though I LOVE that little flower at the bottom and JUST might have to make one of my own :)  By the way this is new fabric.  It will be in the new Occasions Mini catalog.  Pretty huh?  You should be able to click on the picture for a larger view.  I used a pearl in the center too.  This flower was soooooo easy and so quick.  Leave me a comment and let me know if you'd like me to do a video on it.  I'm sure I'll be making more flowers ;)   Anyway, how'd I make this?  Well it's really easy actually.  Start with an embroidery hoop, attach cork on the inside of the inner hoop.  I hot glued around the back to hold the cork in.  Then on the front, hot glue (just around the edges) some batting.  This makes it soft and easy to pin into, and gives it more dimension :)  Then you'll lay your fabric over that and put on your outer hoop, tighten it really good and then hot glue the fabric down in the back.  Oh and can you see that ribbon, that's also new in the mini catalog, Ruffled Satin Ribbon so pretty!!!!!!  Embellish your front however you want, on mine I added my initial and a flower on the one I gave away.  So sweet and pretty!!!!  Highlights from the party coming on Monday. 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

1 comment:

Theresa Q. said...

So pretty Ruth!