Monday, October 24, 2011

Regionals in Albuquerque!!

Stampin' Up! held their Regional Seminar in Albuquerque on Saturday.  I was honored to be a presenter!  I had the BEST time.  I did go last which was a little nerve wracking but once I got up on stage and I saw all my friends out there, I was fine and I think, or at least I hope that everyone enjoyed my little punched friends :)  There will be more pictures later this week highlighting regionals.  But for the next few days I'll show what I presented.  This picture has the camera guy, Ryan, I think that was his name.  To be honest when we were introduced to him I was quite nervous and missed his name, but I think it was Ryan.  He was so nice!!!  If someone knows his name and Ryan is not it, will you please correct me :)

My stuff was displayed on the boards after I demoed it, so here's a sneak peak to what you can expect the next few days on my blog :)  Today though I thought we'd start with the box.  I only talked briefly about the box, so I wanted to start with that in case anyone out there wants to make it. 


The box to store the cards in looks much harder than it actually is.  I promise!  You will need 2 pieces of paper, we'll get to that in a minute.  You can embellish your box any way you want.  This one I made to match my cards.  Of course you can adapt this box to fill with Christmas cards or thank you cards.  Whatever you want, it makes a wonderful hostess gift, or just a gift in general! 


First you'll need 1 sheet of paper that's 9 1/2 x 7.  This one you'll score on the 7 inch side at 4 1/2 and 6 1/2.  On the 9 1/2 inch side you'll score at 2 and 7 3/4.  You will need to do a bunch of trimming once you get it scored, the picture shows where you need to trim.  I cut all my tabs at angles.  It really makes a difference when you assembling your box.  You're second piece of cardstock is 10 1/2 x 7.  Score on the 7 inch side at 4 1/2 and 6 1/2, and the 10 1/2 inch side at 1, 3 and 8 3/4.  You'll attach sticky strip to the 1/2 tab on each piece, then it just gets assembled together.  Pretty simple after that.  Cute huh!!  Want to see a different box made from the same pattern?  Well who wouldn't?!

This box I made for my downline who's expecting a baby.  In the box I made a set of the cards that I demoed but in a girl theme, and not so much browns and greens.  I tied the bow across the top, just to add a little more frill to it.  I love the embossed polka dots!!!! 


This one instead of a belly band, I used Velcro, which I think I actually prefer.  I just love this little box.  This box will hold 8 cards and envelopes easily.  If your cards have lots of embellishments or are 'thicker' than the normal card, it might hold less.  Have fun making these.  I'll be back tomorrow with round 1 of my cards :)

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

2 comments:

Kricut Krazy said...

This box is the cutest! I'm going to try it for some Christmas Gifts. Thank you SO much for sharing. Found you via Pinterest and am subscribing.

XxJULESxX said...

Love this box!! i came via Pinterest also.