Friday, October 7, 2011

Floral Birthday

OH MY GOSH!!!!!! CAN I TELL YOU HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS CARD!?!!!!!?  Ok I'll stop scream typing at you.  I just can't get over how much I love this card.  It's soooo beautiful!  I almost didn't part with it, but in the end it was for someone special so I did part with it :)  I don't even know where to start with this card.  I LOVE every part of it.  We'll start with the flowers. The only set used on this card is the Creative Elements set-my new favorite set!  I stamped the flowers 6 times, twice in each color, Regal Rose, Blushing Bride and Perfect Plum.  Then once again in Pear Pizazz, after it was rocked and rolled in Old Olive, that would be the leaves.   I cut out each flower, it's hard to see but the 2nd one in each of the colors I cut out a 2nd layer on them, so that it gives the flowers some dimension.  The butterfly was stamped in Blushing Bride and rocked and rolled in Regal Rose. 

The rest of the card is pretty straight forward.  I used LOTS of pearls on this card, but without them I don't think the card would be as pretty.  For the leaves I just cut out a few petals, and hid them under the flowers to act as leaves.  It works great and it makes such a difference.  That little pop of green really makes the flowers stand out.  I hope you like this card as much as I like it.  I may have to make myself another one just to display in my room, hmmmm speaking of that I really need to rearrange all my displays-maybe that's a project for next week :)

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

4 comments:

Bobbi Miller said...

WOW! This is gorgeous! what a great idea to make multiple layers. What do you mean by stamping in one color, and "rock and rolled" in another? Clear stamps I assume? How do you line it up? TFS! Awesome!

Bev Gomez said...

OMG Ruth this is BOOOOOTIFUL! I do love it to and wish I was the receiver of it! LOL! Just blog hopping from my readers list!

Theresa Q. said...

Beautiful!!

babar said...

stunning art work butterfly you attached looks beautiful.
print membership cards
PVC cards