Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Thanksgiving Treat

So for some reason, perhaps because I truly enjoy this years selection of fall themed products, I seem to be crafting for Thanksgiving more than usual.  Usually I save my fall crafting for early Christmas projects.  I don't really craft tooo much for Halloween either.  But this year I've been doing lots of Thanksgiving themed treats.  Today's project being one of them.  In last month's Stampin' Success (a demonstrator only magazine), they had an article on these little treat boxes.  When I first started as a demo over 8 years ago, I remember making these at workshops.  They're so easy and so fast and sooooo cute!

This one turned out especially cute!  I filled it with candy corn and because I used vellum cardstock you can almost see them through the vellum, but it gives the illusion that the box is 'glowing' so fun!  Because it's filled with candy corn, it's also a little difficult to see the leaves and their colors stamped on the vellum.  For the leaves I stamped them in Pool Party, then rolled them in More Mustard, then stamped the line image in Soft Suede.  It makes a beautiful 3 toned leaf color.  Don't worry if you can't see the colors too well, I'll be making a card soon enough with it.  I loved the look of it so much :)

Finally, a little tag to finish it off.  I stamped the oval image from the Perfect Punches set and then added a Happy Thanksgiving greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes over it.  So cute!!!  I tied it with some Pool Party ribbon.  Remember I'm totally, completely, head over heels, crazy about that ruffled ribbon.  I NEED IT in ALL the colors!!!!  That's it for me today.  Dan had yesterday off and so he was 'around' all day yesterday, so I got nothing done! Oh well, it was fun to have him home and Megan had a fun playing with him.  But today I'll be playing catch-up :)

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Love it!! I was actually considering using that little sour cream package for my "mommy and me" workshop this Friday, but then I decided I'm going to do the little top note purse instead (pic coming on MY blog soon). Anyway .... I really LOVE the way you did the leaves with the various colors .... DEMO at Ladybug meeting???? Thanks for sharing!