Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Live, Laugh and Love

Can we start by saying how much I LOVE Calypso Coral?!!  Who would have ever thought I'd love an orangeish-redish color so much.  I've been using it so much lately!  I love this card I made with it.  I must also say that I love this stamp set!  If you're looking for the perfect flower stamp set then Greenhouse Garden is your stamp set.  I really wish I pull it out to use it more often.  This card is pretty simple and self explanatory but I'll let you in on a couple of secrets anyway :) 
Well they're not so much secrets but the story of the amazing color coach in all it's glory!  Since this is a two step stamp set, for each flower you need a lighter and darker color of ink.  So I broke out my handy dandy color coach, turned to Calypso Coral and, wait, what, there's no 2 step pair for this color-how can this be???  Well after debating on what to do, should I go with a brown or a black, stamp it off first, go with a different color completely-gasp!?  Hmmmm what to do??? Still holding the color coach in my hand I notice that Calypso Coral is very similar to Tangerine Tango, hmmmmm Cajun Craze is the pair for Tangerine Tango I wonder if it will work for Calypso Coral?  It does and it looks great!!  Success-problem solved!!!  The smaller flowers were done in So Saffron and More Mustard, and I sponged some Pear Pizazz around the flowers.  Now I'm off to tackle more pressing issues, like what to serve for dinner tonight..........

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!  

1 comment:

Bobbi Miller said...

Ruth, this is a very lovely card. I love how you thought to make your own "match" on the color choices. Looks great! Thanks for sharing and I too, love this set and forget about it often. Now I can try my own hand at color combos! Have a great day!