Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Notes and Birds

This card is my favorite of all the cards I'm showing you this week.  I'm doing a week of simple but beautiful cards and I hope you agree with me and that you love this card too!!  Plus there's not one accessory on this card.  So hard to believe but it's true, not a single accessory.  But there's still a lot going on with this card.  This card was inspired by one of my uplines swaps from convention.  This is my version of it.  I wanted to do a monochromatic card, I always love the elegance of a monochromatic card.  So I used Very Vanilla and Soft Suede (my new favorite brown) with a little Crumb Cake thrown in. The first thing I did was punch 3 of the lace ribbon borders.  I used the Textured Jumbo Wheel and rolled over them a few times to give them a little texture and help them 'pop' off the card,  without that little added color they seemed to blend in too much.   Then using my Tombow glue I layered them over each other along the bottom.   

For the bird, I stamped him in Soft Suede then used some Crumb Cake ink and stamped very lightly some other images (bird cage, eggs, etc) in the background.  It's a little hard to pick up from the picture but in person the collaged look just makes this card so stunning!  I stamped my greeting in Early Espresso, to keep with the brown theme.  I added a little scallop border to the top and bottom of the cardstock.  For the final touch, I took a strip of Soft Suede cardstock and used my bone folder to break down the fibers, then gently tore it apart.  This leaves you with a faux suede feeling cardstock.  So pretty.  You could also use ribbon but I love the look of the torn apart cardstock.  So that's it, another card that very doable and so pretty!!  I want to make a bunch of these and just keep them on hand when I need them.  I'm supposed to have a new oven delivered today and in true delivery style they gave me a block of time that they'll be showing up, I'm hoping for the earlier part of that block.  I'm hoping that I'll still be able to squeeze in some stamping time in between the waiting :) 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!

1 comment:

Tammy Fite said...

This is a beautiful card!!! Thanks for sharing!!! Hope to meet you at Regionals!!