Monday, July 18, 2011

Blossom Box

I'm hoping things can start to get back to 'normal' this week.  The last 2 weeks my 2 sisters and their children have been in town, not all at once, though there were a couple days that overlapped.  But now everyone is home and I can finally stay home and get some work done!!  Or at least some stamping done :)  One of the things I always get excited to see in the new catalogs are new dies!!  I was so excited when I saw this Blossom Box die.  It's so stinkin' cute!!!  After LOTS of practice (this die has LOTS of folding) I finally got it and I've made 2 boxes that are just so adorable!!  My first box was kind of a disaster : /

This die is so cool you can push the tops down or leave them popped up.  Either way they look great.  With the tops pushed down the stack up so cute!  I made 2 of them.  After the disaster of my first box I decided not to use any new DSP.  It takes almost a whole sheet of DSP to make it.  So I just used some Certainly Celery from the Subtles DSP stack. Once I got it down then I moved to some new DSP.  The other box is from the Mocha Morning DSP and I wasn't sure it was going to work, the black is flocked, it's awesome!!!  But it did work-Yay!!! 

Stampin' Up! recommends that you use DSP when assembling the boxes and I have to say that that does work best.  There's so much folding and our cardstock would be really tough to do all those intricate folds.  But I'm gonna still try.  I'm not expecting great results.  I think the boxes look amazing with DSP anyway.  You could always add ribbon or other embellishments to jazz them up more.  I never got to that point, I was so excited about making them!  They would be so adorable lined up for a wedding, or even a bridal or baby shower.  So cute!!  I can't wait to make these for Christmas.  They're the prefect size for small gifts and wouldn't they be cute sticking out of a stocking or stacked neatly under the tree.  Well I'm getting wayyyy ahead of myself here.  Let's get through the rest of the summer first :)

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

1 comment:

eva said...

Very nice! Waiting tutorial