Monday, June 13, 2011

A Week of Goodbyes....

Today starts my farewells to some of my favorite retiring stamp sets.  Some of them I'm really going to miss, like this one Always.  I've had it for years and I still love it.  The bird is so pretty and I can't tell you how many times I've used the heart from that stamp set.  I'm really going to miss this one.  I made this card and when I was done I LOVED it!!  The colors aren't picking up on camera as nicely as they are in person.  The colors used on this card are Melon Mambo, Elegant Eggplant and River Rock-a combo straight from the color coach!  There's a lot going on on this card so I'll do my best to explain it.  If I miss something feel free to ask questions :)

First of all the bird.  The bird is stamped in Elegant Eggplant and then punched out with the new postage stamp punch from the mini catalog. I then sponged the edges of it in Elegant Eggplant and used dimensionals to attach it to the Vanilla, on River Rock on Melon Mambo-whew!!  There's also some pearls on the bird just for extra dimension.  PS I used a bazillion dimensionals on this card, everything is adhered with dimensionals so with the amount of layers there is you can only image how thick this card is :) 

The bow in the lace is done using this technique.  After I learned that technique I'm a bow making fool.  Never was before but I love bows now!!!  The background of the card on River Rock is 2 layers.  I used the brocade stamp from Friends 24/7 (another favorite of mine that's retiring) and stamped it on River Rock IN River Rock, so it's a little harder to see it.  Then I used the Very Vintage Jumbo wheel over it, in what I thought was going to be crumb cake, but ended up being kind of 'green' I'm ashamed to admit it but I think I forgot to clean my wheel last time I used it and so it was a mix of River Rock and whatever was left on there.  I could have kicked myself when I saw it come out in a different color for not washing the wheel, but fortunately there was no damage done to my Crumb Cake pad so it's ok, I've gotten over it.  I think I've touched base on everything on this card.  I'll be back tomorrow and the rest of the week with more cards with stamp sets I'll be saying 'goodbye' too.     

Thanks for looking, see you soon!

No comments: