Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Journaling

Last week I mentioned that I was working on some journals for teacher gifts for Logan's teachers.  They arrived the day before Logan's last day of school so I was working like a crazy person to get them done.  I did the covers and then just attached them to the journals when they arrived.  I have to say I'm so so pleased with how they came out.  I almost forgot to take a picture of them, I had all 3 wrapped when I remembered I needed to take pictures.  Fortunately I'm an expert gift un-wrapper and can unwrap gifts without anyone knowing.  A trick I learned when I was a kid and would take a peak at Christmas gifts while my Mom and Dad were at work, then I'd rewrap them and they'd never know :)  So bad I know, but it's a talent that comes in handy sometimes. 
The journals are pretty simple and they actually came together really fast.  I started with a 5x5 piece of Baja Breeze and used clear embossing powder to emboss the Ornate Blossom stamp on the top half of the cardstock.  A little DSP, some punches and the Broadstreet Alphabet and it's done.  I really love it!  When the journals came, I trimmed the edges so it would fit on the cover and used Tombow glue to attach it.  I wanted to keep one, but goodness knows I don't need it.  But I hope the teachers enjoyed them. 

The retired stamp set and accessory list is out today I'll be back a little later with a post with links to both lists. 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: