Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Tree

Happy Monday!  I hope you all had a great weekend and Happy Belated Father's Day!!!  Dan just LOVED the album I made for him in My Digital Studio!  I kind of knew he would but it's nice to hear him say it :)  This was Dan's Father's Day card.  I copied it from this card from Carrie Gaskin.  She's amazing!!  I saw her card and loved it instantly and knew instantly that that was Dan's card.  I love how she used the scallop envelope die on the card!!! After making this card I'm really sad that the All Holidays stamp set if retiring :(  I'm going to miss that one!  Fortunately there's still time to get it, if it's one of those that you 'need'.  I have many of those ;)

For my tree, I colored the stamp with Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi, and Old Olive for the leaves, Crumb Cake and Early Espresso for the trunk.  Before stamping it.  I spritz my cardstock with some water to help the makers blend better.  You don't want the cardstock dripping wet when you do this technique, just wet enough to gently blend the colors together.  Everything is sponged in Early Espresso and of course I broke out my color spritzer to add some Early Espresso splatter on my card.  I absolutely love it!!!  It's not quite as cute as the bears, but I love it just as much! 
PS if you're a fan of mine on Facebook then you saw this card yesterday.  For more fun sneak peaks, ideas, tips and more 'like' me on Facebook.
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: