Thursday, May 19, 2011

Scrapbooking...3 Days In A Row?

...Has someone hijacked my blog?  Well it is National Scrapbooking Month after all :)  I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it many more times, I'm not a scrapbooker.  I'm doing more of it with My Digital Studio but I don't do much scrapbooking with cardstock much anymore.  But about 2 months ago, I thought I'd take it up again, not for me, but for some friends. Megan's God Parents had to go to Denver for a few months, they would be gone a long time and by the time they got back Megan would have changed so much.  So I decided to get them a 6x6 album and every couple of weeks (I try to do it that often, sometimes that doesn't happen) I send them a few more pages to add to their album so that they can keep up with her growth and accomplishments.  These pages I just loved and thought I should post them here, why have I not been posting the others anyway?!   


These pages are pretty simple but they have some BIG accessories with an awesome technique.  A looonnng time ago, (well probably only a few years or so).  My upline showed me how to emboss brads, I loved that! I haven't done it in a while since SU offers such an amazing brad selection.  But when I was making these pages I couldn't find an accessory to put in the center of the flowers that I liked.  So while riffling through my drawers I found some glitter!  LIGHTBULB!!! 

Embossing brads is actually really easy and if you've never done it you should try it.  You can use any embossing powder, for these brads I used Heat and Stick Powder.  Push your brad into your VersaMark Pad, then dip it into the Heat and Stick powder (or embossing powder of your choice), then HOLDING WITH TWEEZERS (make sure you do that or you'll burn your fingers-ouch!) emboss!  It only takes a second!  If you're using heat and stick, after you emboss it stick it in the glitter, heat again for just a few seconds and your done!  Custom made glitter brads!  Yay!  For these brads I used the Jumbo 5/8 inch brads and the Fine Cosmo Glitter.  So pretty.  Logan watched me do a couple and said "That's totally awesome!"  I agree!!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: