Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I'm in Awe of MDS!

I'm so stinkin' excited about this photo book that I did literally over the weekend with MDS.  These are 2 of my most favorite pages in the book. I was so inspired by Meg Loven's blog post that I just had to have a book of my own!!!! And to be honest with you I didn't even know that MDS had that function.  Ok let me catch you up to what I'm talking about.  I spent the weekend making a photo book planner, on the page layout, one side will be the 'scrapbook' and the other side will be the calendar.  If you go to Meg's website you'll understand what I'm talking about she has a great picture of her photo planner on her blog.  So how did I do that, there's no calendar template in the photo book section, well here's where I was totally blown away by MDS magic-it is magic too!  If you create a calendar as you normally would then go to 'edit' then 'change project type/size' you can change it to whatever you want!  I started with a 12x12 calendar then when I was done I changed it to an 8x8 photo book.  So easy!!!  What's fantastic about doing your own MDS calendar is that you can start the year anywhere!  My photo book planner will go from July 2011-June 2012...the SU year, hmmm how'd that happen ;)  My plan is to take it to workshops and classes and my guests will not only be able to see what dates I have available for their workshops but they can also see some of the fantastic features of MDS!!  The second page is inspired by Heather Summers, I saw this page and I just loved the layout!  I couldn't be more happy with my album and I CAN'T WAIT TO GET IT!!!!! 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!! 

2 comments:

Meg said...

Love the pages, Ruth! Very cute with the angled photo blocks, too--will definitely have to remember that trick next time I'm on MDS!

Heather Summers said...

Ruth, these pages are wonderful!!! Great work!