Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Father's Day Is Coming!

I know we just had Mother's Day, but Father's Day is only about a month away!  I can't believe it either!  For Father's Day this year I'm making (tyring to involve Logan) a scrapbook for Dan.  All of pictures of the kids.  The album will be 8x8 so it won't be huge but it will be a good size for a special keepsake and who knows maybe this will turn into something we do every year for him at Father's Day.  With pictures from the past year of how the kids have grown, now there's an idea I could really run with! 

My original thought for this scrapbook was that I'd take all the pictures in one day for this album, they'd all be in black and white and it would be an elegant, simple album.  Well the day I went to take the pictures (we went to the park).  After about 15 pictures in (probably only 5 or 6 usable pictures) the whining started and the 'When can I go play' 'Are you almost done' questions started. So I called the photo shoot a wrap and brainstormed plan B.  Well plan B isn't that different than plan A, but instead of the pictures all being from one day, they'll be from the past few months.  Which is ok too, and actually Dan will probably appreciate it more, so I'm not too upset by it.  Yesterday I got a big jump start on the album.  These are 2 of the pages from the album.  These two pages will face each other in the layout, and my thought for this album was to keep the pages simple, simple simple!  Nothing fancy, no super advanced techniques used here.  I still decided to go with black and white pictures.  I think I have the beginnings of what, I think, will be a beautiful album! 

PS Happy Birthday to my Mom! 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

1 comment:

Vanessa Anderson said...

I love how elegant they appear with the black/white photos and of course the MDS!!