Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Father...

I'm happy to report that my album for Dan is almost done.  I have 4 pages left to do and it looks fantastic.  When I'm done I'll post some of my favorite layouts here!  Using My Digital Studio just makes scrap booking so much fun!  I'll be the first to admit that I am NOT a scrapbooker, I actually dread scrap booking with paper.  I'm just not good at it and it takes forever and I'm an instant gratification kind of girl so if it can't be done quickly then I don't want to do it.  Just one of the many reasons I LOVE MDS!!!

Onto today's card, speaking of quick techniques!  This stamp set I love!  I think it's my new go to stamp for 'manly' cards.  If you haven't had a chance to check out the mini catalog yet, make sure you do, it's awesome!! This card is pretty straight forward.  I did lots of crumpling and distressing the cardstock.  To get the white sails after I stamped the image I used a blender pen and some White Craft Ink Refill.  Just use it the same way you would the Classic ink.  I put a drop or two on the inside of my pad on the lid and just colored in the sails.  So pretty and it really makes the sails 'pop'.  You could also use the pastels for the sails, but I'm not sure they would be as bold as the craft ink is.   

I started layering this card and the Baja Breeze card base was just a little to overwhelming and was drawing attention away from the focal point so to tone it down slightly I used a piece of vellum crumpled up over it.  This is a great technique to use on really bold DSP too.  Sometimes you love the pattern and color but need it slightly muted, the vellum works fantastic.  I love all the crumpled and torn edges on this card, it just all goes together so well!! 

Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Sail Away, Best Dad Ever
Cardstock:  Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Vellum Cardstock
Ink: Not Quite Navy Marker and Black Staz On pad, Whisper White Craft Ink Refill
Accessories:  Blender Pen, Dimensionals

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: