Monday, May 16, 2011

Birthday Pearls!

I love this card!  It's so pretty it just makes me happy!  I very rarely use this many pearls on a card but then it occurred to me, why am I hoarding all these pearls!  So I'm breaking them out!  I have a horrible problem with hoarding DSP and some accessories, then they retire and I never use them anyway.  So I'm going to use more from now on...we'll see how long that lasts :)  But back to the card.  I got the colors from the color coach-a fantastic tool! I probably never would have put these colors together if not for the color coach.  Elegant Eggplant is a color I hardly ever use to begin with.  But with Melon Mambo and Old Olive it works so well, don't you think?!!
I embossed some flowers on the bottom of the cardstock in Melon Mambo embossing powder to give a little bit of texture and dimension.  The pearls that frame the flowers just add so much and before I added them I had my doubts about this card.  It just wasn't looking right to me.  Add a few pearls and ta-da MAGIC it was perfect!!!  I just love this card!  So pretty!!! 
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Love and Care, Best Dad Ever
Cardstock: Elegant Eggplant, Melon Mambo, Whisper White
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive, and VersaMark Pads, Melon Mambo Marker
Accessories:  Color Spritzer, Pearls, Melon Mambo EP, Heat Tool, Old Olive Ribbon, Dimensionals
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Beautiful! I love this color combo!!