Thursday, April 21, 2011

H is for HOPE!

This has got to be one of the prettiest stamp sets, Strength and Hope, in the Summer Mini and it's for a great cause! When you purchase the stamp set Stampin' Up! will donate $2 from the purchase to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.  And they also have a digital kit that includes this stamp set DSP and embellishments.  How cool is that!  This was actually the first card I made with this set, weeks ago when I got it.  And I'm just now getting around to showing it to you :)  Now as I'm typing this I'm realizing that I want to add some pears to the butterflies so you just might see this card again in the future-modified :) 
This card is fairly simple and only used one color, well unless you count white :)  And I'll be the first to admit that Poppy Parade was not my favorite when I saw the In Colors last year but now I have to say it's my favorite red!  I stamped the butterfly on the left in full strength then kept stamping it down the cardstock without reinking it.  I love that look.  Years and years ago, SU had another butterfly set that I loved and I used to do this technique all the time with that one.  So pretty!  Then I spritzed it with my color spritzer in Poppy Parade and sponged the edges a little too.
The greeting is just as simple as can be too.  I stamped the H in full strength Poppy Parade and the rest of the words I stamped off on scrap paper first.  This set is so pretty and I hope that when the mini catalog is released in May that this is on top of your wish list :) 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

1 comment:

Tammy Clarke said...

Ruth, I LOVE this card, what a beautiful job. I may need to case it and put it on my blog...and I'll give you full credit of course.