Monday, April 11, 2011

From Poinsettia's to Daisies!

I desperately need to get some stamping done.  I don't think I stamped anything last week :( I do know that I spent most of of the day Friday, most of the day Saturday and some of Sunday on MDS.  I'm working on a bunch of new pages, projects and cards that I can't wait to get printed.  I have one done that I made for Logan and I couldn't love it more.  More on that soon.  I have an MDS class coming up on Saturday May 14.  I'll have more details on that tomorrow and an MDS sample.  I'm so excited about this class so make sure you check back tomorrow to see all the details about it! 

In the meantime I do have a card that I stamped before all my workshops and classes last weekend.  This was one of the make and takes at my workshop.  I think it's just so spring like.  I've only every used this embossing folder around Christmas for poinsettia's but when you change the color of them, they can be any flower you want!  I love the daisies!  To get this look, emboss your cardstock then use your brayer and lightly (don't press too hard) brayer over your embossed side with ink.  You'll get the prettiest card!  To finish off the flowers I used an Early Espresso marker, just to add some color to the center of the flowers. 

Isn't is cool.  I just love it!  Add a little ribbon and a greeting and you're done!  If you wanted to add a little more to it.  You could add some crystal effects to the center too.  I think that would look fantastic--hmmm maybe I'll try that :)
Supplies:
Stamp Set:  Word Play
Cardstock: Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Early Espresso
Ink:  Daffodil Delight and Early Espresso Pad, Early Espresso Marker
Accessories:  Big Shot, Petals a Plenty Embossing Folder, Daffodil Delight ribbon, Brayer, Dimensionals

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: