Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Fantastic Four Frames

I'm super late in showing you this card.  It's one of the cards that my guests got to make at the Cottage Garden class a couple weeks ago.  It showcases the Four Frames stamp set that you can get this month.  If you don't get it this month you'll have to wait until July to get it when the new catalog is released.  So why wait!?!  The paper is just fantastic too!  For more on this special see this post.  As for this card.  It's simple but pretty and could be used for either a girl or boy.  I know there are those at there, myself included that don't do very many 'man' cards.  It's not because I don't enjoy them I think I just struggle with them more because you can't add alot of ribbon or 'girly' things to it.  Which is why I like this card so much. 
I used the En Francais background stamp set to add some subtle texture to the cardstock.  You'll notice that not all of it is stamped entirely and that's fine that's the look I was going for.  For the frame, I lightly sponged the outside and used some markers to color the bird.  Simple, quick and easy!!!
Supplies:
Stamp Sets:  Four Frames, En Francais, You're a Gem
Cardstock: Whisper White, Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, Paisley Petals DSP
Ink: Staz On, Always Artichoke ink pads, Baja Breeze and Pumpkin Pie Markers
Accessories:  Sponges, Decorative Label Punch, Ribbon Border Punch, Dimensionals

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!

No comments: