Wednesday, April 20, 2011

CLEARLY I Love This Set!

I'm continuing with some sneak peaks today!  Are you just getting so excited for the Summer Mini!  I know I am!!!  But don't forget that the Occasions Mini Catalog still has TONS of great things in it and you only have a couple more weeks to get it!  I know I'm going to miss the fabric!  I have some big fabric ideas planned and I'm bummed that there isn't any in the Summer Mini....here's hoping it's in the big catalog!!! 
But onto the card for today.  This stamp set is sooooo cute and I decided to do a technique that I haven't done in years!!!  If you've never used Crystal Effects boy are you missing out!  I have a bottle of it that sits on my desk and looks at me and I haven't used it in so long!  Guess I just never think of it.  But when I saw this stamp I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it!  The card itself is pretty simple.  I cut a square out of the white card base and used my Tombow to glue in a window sheet in that spot.  I stamped the picture in Black Staz on and then the magic begins!!
Ok, well it's not really magic but it's pretty cool!!  I put 3 small globs of Crystal Effects on a paper plate, or cello bag, wax paper would work too, to those globs I added some classic reinker and used a tooth pick (you could also use a paint brush) to mix and color in my image.  I used toothpicks specifically instead of a paint brush because the image is a little smaller and I didn't want to mess it up with too much Crystal Effects on the window sheet.  Make sure you let your window sheet dry completely before you do much else to the card.  When you're finished painting your image with the Crystal Effects mixture you end up with a beautiful, shinny painted image and there's so much texture on it because of the Crystal Effects.  It's awesome!!  An the more reinker you add the darker you 'paint' will be.  For example.  The fountain and the flower are both done with So Saffron re inker!  Just make sure you start light.  You can always add more reinker!  
And I had to add this little kitty to the inside!  This stamp set if just so cute!  The cat was watercolored with a blender pen and ink pads.  Super simple!    


Supplies:
Stamp Set: Touch of Kindness
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Pear Pizazz
Ink:  Black Staz On, Tempting Turquoise, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Crumb Cake pads and Tempting Turquoise, So Saffron and Certainly Celery reinkers
Accessories:  Crystal Effects, Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Blender Pen, Scallop Oval Punch, Small and Large Oval Punches, Dimesionals

Thanks for looking see you soon!!!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Now that I've found the comment box, I can't stop! This is adorable!

Mary said...

I love this! What a cool technique. Of course you make the card so adorable it makes me want the set. I'll just have to see what I have that will work. TFS

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bobbi Miller said...

Ruth, I've been following your blog for awhile. This card is adorable! I have not seen this technique before an it's amazing! TFS ! I now MUST buy this set! With your permission, may I put this on my blog some day? Please peek at my blog and let me know if it's ok...